The Week 12 sport slate wasn’t the sexiest of the season (to say the least), however we nonetheless noticed our share of nice fantasy performances, together with one within the Huge Apple (OK, NJ). Jets followers would possibly name him the White Out; I name it the tip of the Zach Wilson period (that was fast, huh?). The great people of Las Vegas and Seattle additionally handled us to a fantasy bonanza led by a sure Raiders operating again.
Fantasy followers additionally noticed the rise of “generational” quarterback expertise, a robust efficiency by a veteran vast receiver in Cleveland, and the return of a one-time fantasy famous person to his prime. We additionally continued to see extra anonymous names produce top-12 totals at tight finish, a few of which weren’t on anybody’s fantasy radars.
With that mentioned, let’s begin our fantasy soccer whip round Sunday’s motion in Seattle, the place Josh Jacobs went completely nuclear for fantasy managers.
Josh Jacobs battles a calf damage and leaves towards Seattle. Jacobs, who entered the questionable week as a consequence of a burned calf, battled the ailment to report six receptions, 303 complete yards, two touchdowns (together with a game-winning 86-yard rating in time beyond regulation) and 48.3 fantasy factors. That complete is a brand new single-game profession excessive for Jacobs, whose earlier fantasy report was 36.5 factors towards the Texans earlier this season. His statistical success ought to proceed subsequent week towards the Chargers.
Christian McCaffrey is leaning within the fallacious fantasy path. He was excited in regards to the potential of CMC after being traded to San Francisco. Little did I do know that I’d find yourself in a backfield committee! McCaffrey, the consensus No. 2 general decide within the drafts, had 11 carries, averaged 2.9 yards per rush and scored simply 8.9 factors towards the Saints. That is tied for the fifth-worst fantasy efficiency by him in his final 37 video games. CMC continued to share the workload, as Elijah Mitchell had 9 touches within the contest. Nevertheless, Mitchell left the sport with an injured knee, so McCaffrey might see a much bigger function in Week 13. Nonetheless, this example is an actual fantasy concern.
Alvin Kamara posts one other stink for fantasy managers. Keep in mind that time Kamara put up 42.8 fantasy factors towards the Raiders? Sure me neither. Since then, the previous Fantasy star has scored a mixed 36.6 factors in three video games and has solely seen 13 touches per sport. He was poor towards the Niners, scoring simply seven factors in a 13-0 loss. The excellent news is that the Saints operating backs have the simplest schedule within the fantasy postseason in accordance with PFF. The unhealthy information? Kamara is killing your possibilities of get to the postseason. He has one other robust matchup towards the Buccaneers subsequent.
Travis Etienne injures his foot and doesn’t return towards Ravens. Etienne has been a star for a lot of this season, however his standing is now in query after hurting his foot towards the Ravens. Etienne, who missed final season with a Lisfranc sprain, noticed simply two carries earlier than dropping out of the competition. JaMycal Hasty was stable in his absence, posting 4 receptions, 94 complete yards and a landing. If Etienne had been pressured to waste time, Hasty would doubtless be on a backfield committee with newly signed Darrell Henderson. Each backs could possibly be value watching off the waiver wire for Week 13.
Lamar Jackson lastly snaps out of his statistical slide. Perhaps I ought to have made Jackson my quarterback begin of the week sooner? After rating fifteenth when it comes to fantasy factors per sport amongst quarterbacks since Week 4, the versatile Jackson walked away with 22.6 factors in a loss to the Jaguars. It was solely the second time he’d recorded 20-plus factors in his final eight video games, so it was a superb stat for fantasy coaches who saved religion with him. Jackson faces the Broncos subsequent week.
Trevor Lawrence is coming of age earlier than our very eyes. Lawrence, one of the vital touted quarterbacks to return out of school up to now 20 years, now reveals us why he was the No. 1 general decide in 2021. He threw for 321 yards with three touchdowns and scored almost 25 fantasy factors in a win over the Ravens. He led the Jaguars offense on a late-game scoring drive, displaying the poise of a 10-year veteran and culminating in a strike on Zay Jones for a contest-winning two-point conversion. Lawrence has now scored 20-plus factors in two straight video games, and has reached that mark 4 instances in his final 9 video games. He faces the Lions beneath.
Rachaad White appears nice with out Leonard Fournette. A altering of the guard appears full within the Tampa Bay backfield as White made his second straight begin and thrived in a loss to the Browns. He averaged 4.6 yards per rush on 14 carries, however made the most important impression as a receiver with 9 catches for 45 yards. White began earlier than the bye when Fournette was energetic towards the Seahawks in Munich, so the highest spot on the depth chart is now his for the dropping. And based mostly on how he is appeared in his previous two video games, White will not be dropping that No. 1 rating any time quickly.
Chris Godwin is rather more like… Chris Godwin. The veteran obtained off to a sluggish begin to the season, averaging simply 11.8 fantasy factors in his first seven video games. Nevertheless, he is been a lot better in his final two video games, scoring a mixed 48.1 factors, together with a 29-point effort in a loss to the Browns. This might should do together with his return from an ACL reconstruction, as he’s solely now starting to really feel like himself on the grid. Tampa Bay vast receivers have the sixth-easiest schedule within the fantasy postseason in accordance with PFF, so Godwin needs to be a must-start in each league.
Has Dameon Pierce hit the dreaded rookie operating again wall? Pierce was an enormous disappointment towards the Dolphins, dashing 5 instances for eight yards in a 30-15 loss. He has now rushed for 16 yards on his final 15 carries, which equates to a dismal 1.1 yards per rush common. Nevertheless, the Texans have been crushed in each video games, letting them drop out of the run as a consequence of damaging sport scripts. That could possibly be an issue for Pierce within the subsequent three weeks, because the Texans face the Browns (Deshaun Watson), Cowboys and Chiefs of their subsequent three video games.
Say goodbye, Zach Wilson; Mike White throws three TDs: The Wilson Period might already be over in New York, as White appeared just like the second coming of Joe Willie Namath in a win over the Bears. He accomplished 22 of 28 passes for 315 yards with three scores, ending with 24.8 fantasy factors. They’re extra factors than Wilson has ever scored in a single sport. White’s presence below middle was additionally large information for Garrett Wilson (26.4 factors) and Elijah Moore (14 factors), who each put up stable totals. The Jets have the second-easiest quarterback schedule in accordance with PFF knowledge, so White shall be added in lots of leagues. The Jets face the Vikings in Week 13.
- Justin Herbert is again in his previous elite fantasy type, a lot to the delight of his fantasy followers. He led all quarterbacks in factors Sunday, scoring 28.8 on 274 passing yards and three touchdowns. He has now scored 19-plus factors in two straight video games after reaching that mark simply as soon as in his earlier six contests. Herbert has a tasty showdown in Las Vegas subsequent.
- It is a little bit of a scratched report, nevertheless it’s nonetheless wonderful how unhealthy Russell Wilson has been in Denver. Since he scored 27.5 factors towards the Raiders in Week 4, he is averaged 11.7 factors, together with a stinking 8.5 in a loss to the Panthers. In all, he has solely eight landing passes this season (he had 9 in his first 4 2021 video games and 9 in his first two video games of 2020). Going into Week 13, Wilson needs to be waiver wire fodder in conventional leagues.
- Michael Carter was thought-about a stable choice this week with James Robinson sidelined, however he solely had 21 dashing yards earlier than leaving with an ankle damage. In his absence, the Jets used a mix of Zonovan Knight and Ty Johnson in a blowout victory over the Bears. Robinson might tackle a bigger function if Carter is pressured to overlook time, however why coach Robert Saleh gave him a wholesome scratch is unknown. If he is within the pound subsequent week, Johnson and Knight shall be waiver choices. Fantasy managers ought to pay attention to this example.
- Jeff Wilson Jr. was anticipated to submit an awesome stat line towards a horrible Texans run protection, nevertheless it did not occur. He discovered the tip zone, saving his fantasy day, however Wilson averaged simply 3 yards per rush towards a crew that had allowed 5.3 complete yards to operating backs to begin the week. One has to surprise if the Dolphins will combine in Raheem Mostert extra typically when he returns.
- Tight finish has been a catastrophe this season, and it has turn out to be nearly unattainable to foretell the most effective gamers week by week. For instance, the highest 12 gamers on the place this week earlier than Sunday evening’s sport embody Josh Oliver, Jordan Akins, John Bates, MyCole Pruitt and Jake Ferguson. None of these gamers are listed on the Yahoo! leagues (all 0% owned).
Extra Fantasy and NFL Protection:
michael fabiano is a winner fantasy soccer analyst at Sports activities Illustrated and a member of the Fantasy Sports activities Writers Affiliation (FSWA) Corridor of Fame. Click on right here to learn all of her articles right here at SI Fantasy. You possibly can observe Michael on Twitter, Fb, YoutubeY instagram on your newest fantasy information and the most effective evaluation within the enterprise that will help you win a fantasy championship.