Nevada boy, 2, dies of brain-eating amoeba possible contracted in pure scorching spring – KESQ

By Rebekah Riess, CNN

(CNN) A 2-year-old boy died this week from a brain-eating amoeba an infection, in keeping with the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Well being (DPBH) and a Fb put up from the boy’s mom.

In line with the DPBH assertion, the Facilities for Illness Management and Prevention confirmed that Naegleria fowleri, also called the brain-eating amoeba, was the reason for the boy’s sickness and demise.

State investigators imagine the boy could have been uncovered to the amoeba at Ash Springs, a pure scorching spring on federal land in Lincoln County, in keeping with the assertion.

“Naegleria fowleri is a microscopic single-celled residing amoeba discovered naturally within the surroundings. This amoeba may cause a really critical uncommon an infection of the mind referred to as major amebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) which destroys mind tissue and is sort of all the time deadly,” the DPBH assertion stated.

The CNN Wire
™ & © 2023 Cable Information Community, Inc., a Warner Bros. Discovery firm. All rights reserved.


Information Channel 3 is dedicated to offering a discussion board for civil and constructive dialog.

Please maintain your feedback respectful and related. You may evaluation our Neighborhood Pointers at by clicking right here

If you wish to share a narrative concept, please submit it right here.

Leave a Comment

Translate »