From cocaine sharks to monster makos, this is the complete lineup for Shark Week 2023 on Discovery, beginning July 23.
TvEssentially the most unbelievable shark week is nearly right here. Discovery Channel’s Shark Week 2023 begins on Sunday, July 23 and ends on Saturday, July 29. aquaman star jason momoa hosts the thirty fifth annual occasion, that includes practically 20 hours of latest programming on the ocean’s most fearsome predators. Highlights embody cocaine sharks, which reveals what might occur to sharks that feed on medicine washed up off the coast of Florida, and Monsters of the Bermuda Triangle, which appears on the mysterious disappearance of a pregnant porbeagle shark. Learn on for the complete Shark Week 2023 schedule.
Shark Week 2023 Calendar
Sunday July 23:
- The Stomach of the Beast: Feeding Frenzy at 8 pm: A primary for Shark Week, this particular follows camera-wielding researchers as they courageous a feeding frenzy of nice white sharks from inside a life-size whale lure.
- Jaws vs. Megalodon At 9pm: The huge 60-ton megalodon shark, or “Meg,” was as soon as probably the most terrifying predator within the ocean. However new proof means that its cousin, the nice white shark, could have induced its extinction.
- Serial Killer: Purple Sea Feeding Frenzy in 22:00: Shark assault investigator Brandon McMillan and cinematographer Fo Zayed attempt to discover out what’s behind a trio of current lethal shark assaults off the Purple Sea shores of Egypt.
- Shark Week: Off the Hook at 11 pm: Relive probably the most thrilling and terrifying moments from the final 35 years of Shark Week.
Monday, July 24
- nice white battle membership 8pm: Consultants scan the treacherous waters off New Zealand for proof that feminine white sharks are the unequivocal queens of the ocean.
- Monsters of the Bermuda Triangle at 9 p.m.: When a pregnant porbeagle shark goes lacking within the Bermuda Triangle, proof suggests an unknown, monstrous predator might be in charge.
- Alien Sharks: Unusual New Worlds at 10 pm: Wildlife biologist Forrest Galante explores the kelp forests and ocean depths on the tip of South Africa, that are uncommon shark hotspots.
Tuesday, July 25
- Mako Mania: Battle for California at 8 pm: Dr. Craig O’Connell, Fo Zayed and Kendyl Berna use state-of-the-art know-how to review a brand new inhabitants of ferocious supermakos difficult nice whites for searching territories off the coast of Los Angeles.
- In the hunt for the misplaced shark 9pm: Matt Dicken and Dickie Chivell seek for an elusive, colossal shark that mysteriously disappeared years in the past from Gansbaai, South Africa.
- Monster Hammerheads: Killer Intuition at 10 pm: Dr. Tristan Guttridge makes use of tissue samples from different sharks to check his idea that hammerheads can attain monstrous sizes by searching different shark species.
Wednesday, July 26
- Aerial Jaws: Ultimate Frontier At 8 pm: Shark Filmmakers Andy Casagrande and Jeff Kurr seek for “Air Jaws” on the hidden launch pad in New Zealand.
- Florida Shark: Blood within the Water at 9 pm: Paul de Gelder ventures into the shark assault capital of the world to search out out why the waters are so harmful and decide strategies to mitigate the chance.
- cocaine sharks at 10 p.m.: Shark skilled Tom Hird heads to the florida keys to analyze decades-old rumors about sharks being fed cocaine.
Thursday, July 27
- jaws within the shallows 8pm: Shark Week veteran Dr. Riley Elliott and his spouse Amber Jones examine the nice white sharks that terrorize New Zealand’s seashores.
- Mako Monster: Contemporary Blood 9 p.m.: Dr. Austin Gallagher and freediver Andre Musgrove use a customized clear acrylic diving bell to get an up-close have a look at mako sharks and white sharks off the California coast.
- Shark vs. Snake: Battle of the Bites at 10pm: As useless tiger sharks begin washing up on Western Australian seashores, Forrest Galante theorizes that sea serpents may be in charge.
Friday, July 28
- tropical jaws at 8:00 pm: When an enormous nice white shark seems on the nice and cozy tropical coast of Bali, Indonesia, Dr. Craig O’Connell and Madison Stewart got down to discover out why the fish left their acquainted cold-water surroundings.
- Paradise Lethal Sharks 9 p.m.: Marine biologist Danni Washington and shark conservationist Paul de Gelder be a part of a staff of South American scientists finding out tiger sharks believed to be behind a sequence of lethal assaults in Brazil.
- Haunting at Shark Tower 10 p.m.: After experiences of a harrowing shark encounter at North Carolina’s Frying Pan Tower, underwater cinematographer Andy Casagrande and shark skilled Kori Burkhardt got down to discover out if nice white sharks are transferring into the state’s waters.
Saturday, July 29
- Daybreak of the Mako Monster 8 p.m.: Underwater cinematographer Joe Romeiro and his marine biologist spouse Lauren seek for an enormous 14-food mako shark that has been noticed within the waters off Portugal’s Azores Islands.
- Harmful reef mega sharks at 9pm: Distant islands off the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia are reportedly house to among the largest nice white sharks on the planet, although they’re hardly ever seen.
Learn how to watch Shark Week 2023
All new Shark Week 2023 programming will air on Discovery. Encore performances will happen most nights at 11 pm ET/PT, additionally on Discovery.
Shark Week will even be accessible to stream on Max.
Cannot get sufficient of probably the most terrifying predators within the sea? Nationwide Geographic’s Shark Fest 2023 lineup is now accessible to stream on Disney+ and Hulu.
For extra on the world of leisure and unique interviews, subscribe to Showbiz Cheat Sheet YouTube Channel.